As part of our efforts to promote upcoming artists in Nigeria, MyHotScores.Com Presents to you TOP 10 BEST UPCOMING NIGERIA MUSIC ARTISTS TO LOOK OUT FOR.
- Omah Lay was born Stanley Omah Didia on 19th May 1997 in Port-Harcourt in Rivers state. He was born into a family with a good background in music.
He is from Port-Harcourt, Rivers state and lived most of his live there. Omah Lay is 24 years old as of 2021.
Omah Lay is a Nigerian singer, songwriter and record producer who started producing music at the age of 15. The style of his music and lyrics so far, has been exceptional.
2. ADEDAMOLA ADEFOLAHAN, popularly known as Fireboy DML, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. Fireboy is signed to YBNL Nation, an independent record label founded by Nigerian rapper Olamide. He became popular after his hit music titled “Jealous”. His debut studio album Laughter, Tears and Goosebumps was released in 2019. He won Listener’s Choice and was nominated for Song of the Year for “Jealous” at the 2020 Soundcity MVP Awards Festival.
Adedamola Adefolahan known as Fireboy DML graduated from the Obafemi Awolowo University with a degree in English Language.
3. JOEBOY is one of the fastest-rising musicians in the Nigerian music industry. The R&B and Afro-pop singer rose to fame after releasing his song Baby. Other songs that have increased his popularity are Call, All For You, and Beginning.
His real name is Joseph Akinwale Akinfenwa. He was born on 21st May 1997 in Lagos State, Nigeria. He was raised in the inner cities of Lagos as the last out of four kids. His age is 24 years as of 2021.
His career in music began at the age of 16. He got his musical inspiration from 9ice, and ID Cabasa, whom he used to hang out with in the studio.
4. Bella Shmurda, also called Fine Boi. Bella is a Nigerian Afrobeats singer-songwriter who is known for his energy and street conscious music. He was introduced to the world through his hit single Vision 2020. His real name is Ahmed Abiola Akinbiyi. He was born on the 27th of January 1997. He is 24 years old and was born in Lagos state.
The musician started recording music in 2013. In 2018, Bella released the song, vision 2020. He posted a snippet of the song on his Instagram story, and the story was reposted by another comedian who tagged social media influencer PocoLee. Poco lee reached out to Bella and while they hung out, he promised to help him. The next day the influencer introduced him to Olamide, YBNL Boss. This led to a collaboration between Olamide and Bella; they released the remix of Vision 2020 in 2019.
5.Ade Ebenezer, popularly known as Olakira, is a Nigerian-born singer, songwriter, composer, record producer, and multi-talented instrumentalist. He is a versatile artist whose music genres range from Afro-pop, R&B to Afro-beat.
The star was born on 27th September 1990 in Ogun State, Nigeria. His real name is Adelusola Ebenezer Adefemi. He studied Mass Communication at Moshood Abiola Polytechnic. He also has a Diploma in Desktop Publishing.
He came into the limelight in March 2020 when he released his hit single Aya Mi.
6. Oyinkansola Aderibigbe (born 14 June 2001) known professionally as Ayra Starr is a fast rising Nigerian singer and songwriter.
She is 19 years old born in the southwestern part of Nigeria. The talented female songstress hit the spotlight after being announced as Mavin Records new artist.
This makes her the current female musical artist signed to Mavin Records owned by Don Jazzy.
Ayra Starr is the third female act to join the label since it was founded by Don Jazzy in 2012.
7. Jamo Pyper Born on the 20th of October, 1995, Jamo Pyper is a Nigerian fast-rising singer, rapper and songwriter.
He is currently signed to the Zanku Records, which is owned by Zlatan Ibile, alongside Papisnoop and Oberz.
Jamo Pyper was born in Lagos State, and does most of his music in Yoruba Language.
Jamopyper had his moment with “If No Be You” featuring Mayorkun, .
8. Ckay, real name Chukwuka Ekeani , is a producer/artiste signed under Chocolate City Music. He is an indigene of Anambra State but was born in Kaduna to Dr. & Mrs. Ekweani.
Ckay found his love for music at 7 through his father who was a choir coordinator at the church. He began producing & writing music at age 13. Over the years, he has worked with top industry leading acts like, MI, Dremo, Moti Cakes, Dice Ailes, Pryse, Ice Prince, Koker, Blaqbonez, Barry Jhay, BOJ and other artistes.
His notable songs includes “Love Nwantiti“ “Gaddemit”, “Chinekeme”, “Last Call” and “Gmail” featuring DMW rapper, Dremo
9. Chike real named Chike Ezekpeazu Osebuka is a 27 years old talented Nigerian Singer, Songwriter and Actor. He became famous after featuring in Nigerian reality competition MTN Project Fame West Africa in 2015 and also was a runner up on The Voice Nigeria season 1. Chike made his first acting appearance in Mayowa Badmus on the Africa Magic exhibit telenovela Battleground.
Chike was born on the 28th of January, 1993 in the family of four. An indigene of Onitsha, Anambra State, Nigeria. Chike happened to have been born into a music loving family which helped him to pick up music as a career.
Chike holds a Degree in Computer Engineering from Covenant University.
10. Kenneth Ngozi Nnaji aka Syno is a fast rising motivational song writer. Hails from Abia state Nigeria, born and had his early life in ABA. The rising act first showed interest in music at a very tender age of ten, influenced by the likes of most gospel artist and motivational speakers, then he began composing his songs.
MyHotScores.Com Loves you all and we will continue to work with you, until the world celebrates your effort. Congratulations